Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Milestones




















Hooray! Jonah has added another word to his repertoire. Now in addition to mama (which he calls Dave too), uh-oh (his favorite word to say 20+ times a day after throwing something), nigh-nigh (for night-night) and no-no-no-no (always in 4s and accompanied by a vigorous head shake), he has added a version of bottle.

So let's recap the last two weeks:

Constantly cranky and trying to bite anyone within a biting distance of my mouth while working on getting my last set of teeth—check

Tempting fate and a trip to the emergency room by learning how to climb onto the couch by myself and then proceding to jump on the couch until mommy comes and takes me off—check

Driving mommy nuts by refusing any help eating with a fork which results in a very messy and painfully long meal 3 to 4 times a day—check

Adding a new word just to mix it up so mommy doesn't go completely crazy with everything else I'm doing—check

Honestly, I'm actually quite frightened about what's to come in the following weeks. Next thing I know I'll go into his room to find that he's climbed out of his crib and repelled down the back of the house using a rope he constructed out of his blankies. Let's be honest here: we all know it's only a matter of time.

No comments: