Last night was a tough night. I suppose I deserve it after telling another mom my kids sleep until 8 am.
You see, Jonah needs to transition to a big boy bed (it became crystal clear the moment I caught him on the precipice of railing getting ready to fall head first after yelling, "Look Mommy, I can do it!"). To prevent injury from climbing out I have left the railing down while I arrange for a new bed. I figure it is a shorter fall.
Last night however, after one fall out of the crib at 9:30 pm and then an incident of crying at 2:30 am I decided I would let him sleep with me. That was probably one of the worst decisions I have ever made. And yes I mean EVER. For the rest of the night he was squirming and waking up and climbing off the bed only to shriek when I tried to take him back to his own bed. I think we slept a total of 4 hours. Needless to say it will be a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g day today. I can not believe what parents of newborns go through for months at a time. As a friend of mine recently said, "you know, sleep deprivation is considered torture in most countries."
Anyway, I do have to say though I did enjoy the half hour or so of cuddling that we got last night. And that, I think, helped get us both through the long night.
Cherry Tomato Tart with Burnt Scallion Ricotta
2 weeks ago
6 comments:
You. Are. Insane.
;)
When I am desperate enough to bring one of the girls in my bed b/c they just won't goo back to sleep, I go into it knowing that I may as well get up for he day, even if it is 3 am. My girls seem to have the urge to kick the crap out of my back and stomach while sleeping.
Yep, you're nuts. And yes, Dawn, my kids on the rare occasion they come to bed with us either sleep sideways between DH and me,kicking with every move, or my oldest is up against me so close I can barely move. We're talking I can feel his breath most of the night...
Kayden slept with us until he was two. Had I known how much better we ALL slept without him in our bed, I would have transitioned him at birth LOL
Oh, and I am not looking forward to the impending lack of sleep.
Humpf! I thought it would have been one of those, "oh how endearing, remember the time when...." moments.
Eh, not at ALL!
I will say that Jman waited until 5:45 this morning. It was at that point that I was startled awake by a little person standing next to my bed breathing on my face and whispering, "Mommy, I want to sleep with yooooou." No more Richard Donner movies for that one!
Sawyer came in last night and I didn't kick him out because DH had been away and I knew Sawyer missed him.
But I kept getting thumped in the head and I couldn't figure out why, and was too out of it to investigate.
Then DH went downstairs at 4:30 a.m. due to some sort of cell phone going off, so I opened my eyes and saw what the problem was: Sawyer's feet were up on the pillow. He was sleeping the wrong way! Needless to say, I promptly carried him back to his bed.
Hey - if you can't at least sleep the right way, then you got to go!
Post a Comment