Saturday, May 09, 2009

Road Trip Day 2

The next day was our rest day, giving us a chance to explore Atlanta. We started with breakfast at the hotel.

After that we hit the Georgia Aquarium. It was such a great experience!




After that we met up with a friend at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. The Children's Garden was a perfect location to while away an afternoon.


After that we headed back to our hotel. Someone fell asleep as soon as we started the car. Notice he's holding the train he got from the aquarium.

At this point Dave and David had to head off to prepare for the showing of the film. While they were off, I took the kids to dinner at a place around the corner from where we were staying called Mellow Mushroom. I chose it because it was within walking distance but evidently it's a bit of an Atlanta institution. And I must say, the pizza was might fine.

After the pizza, we rushed back to meet the sitter who was going to watch the kids so I could attend the screening of the film.

After the showing, we headed out for drinks and discourse, then it was back to fall into bed for the night.

And that is how we spent our rest day.

Next up: Day 3 and the trek across the states of Georgia and South Carolina.

No comments: