Sunday, August 06, 2006

Busy Weekend

Whew! It's been a busy, busy weekend at our house. Friday night I threw a Just A Little Bling party. For those of you that don't know, my Aunts have started their own business selling jewelry and accessories. They have always had a great eye for fashion and a passion for shopping. So being the smart women they are, they decided to put those two skills to good use and now offer an AMAZING variety of gorgeous jewelry and accessories. Every item is hand picked by these two style-mavens and in a very short amount of time they have developed quite a remarkable reputation in their area for offering excellent items for very reasonable prices. I walked away with an adorable scarf watch, an earring and necklace set to match a couple dresses and another jewel-colored beaded necklace that I'm just dying to wear. My friends and I had a terrific time and look forward to their next trip to our area in November.

Then Saturday, it was off to my friend's wedding shower. I'm a bridesmaid in her wedding and am very excited about the upcoming nuptials. We had a terrific time and walked away with some very funny memories. I have to say the toilet-paper wedding dress design competition was one of the highlights for me. And while my team didn't win, I have to say I believe our toilet paper rosebuds on the bustle were grossly overlooked and should have at least made an honorable mention. I wound those little rosebuds tight y'all!

So here we are finally settling in for a relaxing Sunday evening just in time for the workweek to begin.

3 comments:

charmcitymama said...

Does your aunt have a site? Sounds like a family of entrepreneurs you have!

Jen C said...

No. Most of their items are one of a kind so it'd be hard for them to have a site. But they'll be back in the MD area in November—I can't wait!

Yeah, I guess the entrepreneurial spirit is in the blood!

abbey said...

I kind of liked my gown, too!! Such a great time! Such a cool bridal party.