Wednesday, August 16, 2006

To Cut or Not to Cut? That Is the Question

Our boy has got some crazy curly hair. We're still not completely sure where it came from. Legend has it Dave had some wave/curls when he was a little guy, but nothing to the extent of Jonah Boy's. Coming from a family of pin straight hair, we are sometimes at a loss what as to what to do with it. Do we style it? If we did, where would we start? Do I brush it? Do I spritz it? What do people with curly hair do?







All that aside, I do actually adore the comments. They make me smile every time I hear them. "You're little girls are so precious" or "Look at all her curly hair." Once people realize that her is a him, I always try to assuage their embarrassment. "He's just so pretty after all," I tell them, "it's an easy mistake."

But recently Dave and I have been thinking, is it time we cut the locks? On humid days it curls tightly, but on dry days it just kind of flops there. When is a good time for a first real hair cut? How long can we let it go? One thing is for certain though; I will shed a tear on that fateful day, whenever it may be. Does Cartoon Cuts have boxes of Kleenex located next to the TVs to catch a mama's tears?

2 comments:

Jen C said...

Maybe your right. Although it may be a little too Maddox Jolie-Pitt. Hmmm...how about a fin or a faux-hawk?

abbey said...

I love Jonah's hair!! Of course, I am a little biased toward the curl!! He's adorable.