Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Make Your Own Mei Tai

A couple weeks ago, I was inspired to make a Mei Tai to carry J-man around. He's a hefty guy but I thought what the heck, at least he wouldn't be sitting in a cart touching the grubby and germy handles while we shopped. So if you've got access to a sewing machine, go ahead and give one a try. It's totally doable so don't be intimidated. Hey, even I could do it...and that's probably saying a lot right there! Do note: when the instructions talk about making the straps wide, do it. I didn't thinking I was somehow smarter than the instructions. Well I'm not. The wider straps make it much more comfortable to wear. You'll thank me later.

Click Here for Instructions

But if you're not feeling ambitious, you can always find tons of them online. Catbird Baby is one place that springs to mind. They get a lot of good press and their designs are very cool.

Either way you slice it, you'll be happy to ride the wave of the growing popularity of the mei tai! It's washable (hooray), easy to pack (yippee) and super easy to use (woo hoo). I've run out of noises to make so I'll just leave you with this—it's a great addition to your babywear collection. Enjoy!

2 comments:

charmcitymama said...

Who inspired you, I wonder? ;)

Jen C said...

hee-hee-hee! :D