Every morning Dave goes to Dunkin Donuts. It's part of his routine. I guess since he works from home, he needs a reason to get outside and breath real air instead of this recycled stuff here we've got here in the house.
Anyway, as I was saying he goes every morning. And often he'll bring home something for the kids—a bagel to share, perhaps a couple munckins now and then. Sometimes it's as simple as an orange juice. As a result, my kids have developed quite a love for the DD.
At the same time as this affection for Dunkin Donuts has developed, Jonah has begun to demonstrate a wild fascination with vehicles of all sorts and sizes. Thomas, of course, holds a special place in his heart. Which seems to be the case with all boys of his size.
So what do these two seemingly disparate things have in common? I can't explain it except to say that today as Jonah watched Thomas he spontaneously said, "Choo-choo train getting coffee. Going to Dunkin Donuts." I had to smile. Now that's a boy who knows how to combine his passions.
Cherry Tomato Tart with Burnt Scallion Ricotta
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
Very cute. I just love the boundless imagination at this age. So Jonah has discovered the wonderful world of Thomas too. Ethan loves him (so much so I think it will be the theme for his birthday party).
I think a Thomas-themed party would be so much fun!
You know what's funny is that this fascination has kind of popped up out of no where. I guess they're genetically pre-programmed or something? He seriously loves trains. It's great though because they still run trains in our area. So Jonah gets to see the choo-choo trains going through town sometimes.
Thankfully, Sawyer deosn't really care all that much about Thomas. I mean, he'll play with trains, but he'd much rather play with cars and planes. I am excited that we haven't had to mortgage our house to keep up with a Thomas habit, as many of our friends practically have! LOL Oh - and we're going to a Thomas party Sunday, which will be our third one this summer!
Post a Comment