Friday, September 07, 2007

Cookie Mag

People have been asking what it's been like since our tutus were in Cookie Magazine. I have to say it's been wonderful. We've had a tremendously positive response and I couldn't be more thrilled with the photoshoot they did. I think it really highlighted why these tutus are becoming so popular.

I think it has also been tremendously gratifying for my sister to see something she designed on the pages of a magazine (let alone having a supermodel's children wearing her design). She has often been on the receiving end of some rather demeaning comments regarding her reading disability. When she was taking courses in design, many of her peers (and teachers) poked fun. Well, it just shows what hard work, being true to your natural talents and a maintaining a firm belief in yourself can get you.

We're also excited about our ability to now make a larger donation to Dr. Bob's Place—a children's hospice—through the increase of sales since the Cookie issue came out.

We've donated to many organizations in the past—Relay for Life, Leukemia Society, Local Preschools, La Leche League, but with Dr. Bob's Place I feel like we can make a larger impact since we'll be collecting for three months rather than making a one time donation of products.

It's part of our initiative to donate to a worthy cause. Me coming from my non-profit background and my Mom and Sis being the wonderful do-gooders they are, we couldn't have a company and not donate something to charity. We're no saints, but you know, we like to do what we can.

So yes, having: people google our name directly, international stores carry our products, and repeat customers helps me tackle the 18 hour days with a little more gusto. Well that and a good cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Ahhhh, java.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOOHOO!! A friend of mine won one of the raffles that contained your tutu and she put it on her right away - TOO CUTE!!! You and your sister should be very proud!

Jen C said...

Yay! I'm glad it went to someone who loves it! Been meaning to as how the raffle went? Fundraising is an incredible orchestration isn't it? As Ellie would say, I'm "super dupty" impressed that you pulled a raffle together.

Jen C said...

We just received an email from one of our customers who bought tutus for her daughters. It was so sweet of her to send them along. I love when that happens...to see kids enjoying the products like that! Makes it all worthwhile :)