Monday, January 14, 2008

Poopin Place

I've noticed the signs.

First it was that he had a consistent poopin spot located behind the table. Then I realized he went to that spot the same time every day.

Then I noticed the eyes. They gleamed with excitement at the thought of depressing the flusher on the toilet. A smile stretched across his wee little face as he watched the water swoosh down the drain over and over and over again. Finally, watching him wash his hands with minimal help has sealed his fate. And if I required further illumination on the readiness it came this evening....

During the evening diaper change: I want cream on my tooshie! I want cream on my tooshie!

Nothing says you're ready to start potty training quite like demanding cream on your toosh.

Let's get ready to rumble. Potty training commence.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

are you, like, really trying to twist the knife? My daughter washes her own hands and runs out of the room to poop, but then she LIES LIKE A DOG if I ask her if she's pooped, no matter how pungent the aroma wafting from her diaper. WAAAH!

Jen C said...

it's game on baby...

I have to say the thought of potty training is about as appealing as plucking out my eyelashes one by one. I spent years potty training other people's kids when I worked early intervention. Up until this point I was kind of hoping it would just magically happen. Unfortunately the potty fairy never made it to our house. Thus it has left me to start trying to get him to at least "sit" on the potty.

I see long battles ahead.

Cheryl said...

You know, boys take longer. We waited til Sawyer was 3 and then it took like two days. Two days of HELL, mind you, but that was it.

Swirvin said...

Good luck. We are still struggling. And Cheryl, our three year old son does the same thing. You can smell him a block away but he will still deny it.

Pink Dawn said...

Great! He's ready! Won't it be soooooo nice not to change poopy dipes any more!? Now, if we could stop wearing pull ups to bed, that would be great!