Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I admit it. I'm a Big Dummy... (owner)


You may be asking yourself, "Exactly what is that thing?" It's a SUB (Sport Utility Bike), one of the newest ideas we've lifted from Europe after their decades of using bikes for the things we all use our cars for. Grocery shopping, heading out to see friends, heading to the hardware store, etc. This bike frame by Surly is designed around the Xtracycle system. Click the title of this entry to go to a review that gives you some nitty-gritty, and more pics.

So Jen and I have taken the plunge. We're going to try to live more car-free by loading our stuff (i.e. Ellie and Jonah) onto a bike for things like grocery shopping, trips to local restaurants, and oh yeah... this bike can carry passengers, and an additional 200 lbs! We will both have the Xtracycle which makes carrying the kids and the groceries, etc., even possible. You can convert any bike to do this, and we hope we won't be the only ones in town to do so. We're having Race Pace Bicycles build both bikes. Ask for Nik O. or Julian. Good guys both.

Anyway, hope to see you out on the road soon! Did I mention we'll be getting in shape without any formal exercise?

No comments: