Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Sucker

The other day whilst traveling the aisles of Target I spied a lip gloss that promised full luscious lips for only $9.99. And being the sucker for marketing that I am, I went back later to test out the product. Because beautiful packaging + clever name = money leaving my pocket.

Okay so I'm not ashamed (well maybe I am) to admit that I couldn't wait to try it out. So in the parking lot, I applied Soap & Glory's Motherpuckers and waited for the magic to happen. I have to say the first sensation was...well...that of my lips being electrocuted. Immediately I phoned my bff to give her a detailed description of my lip plumping transformation. Because she, (more worldly than I) had already warned me that lip plumping HURTS LIKE A B!TCH. I gave her a minute by minute blow of how it went from the feeling of my lips being hooked up to an electrical outlet to them feeling like I had just rubbed a freshly cut habanero pepper all over them to finally a heightened tingly sensation that while unpleasant, allowed me to stop screaming.

And what would you supposed I did with the gloss after all of this. Yes, that's right folks, I kept trying it to see what would happen.

So you be the judge. Ellie took these before and after shots for me (because yes, I force my children to go along on the crazy ride) and I'm not so sure the pain is worth it. I mean my lips look pretty much the same, no?


4 comments:

Simply Lovely Gifts said...

You're hilarious! So they look shinier and the bottom one MAY look plumper, but hard to tell. Probably not worth the electrocution ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your photos are very glamorous, without or without the gloss. Looks like Ellie inherited Dave's photography talent!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!

i think it looks hot! ;)

kirsten said...

huh, I had the same experience with an industrial-strength antiperspirant once. I recall that you had to put it on at night, and I laid there in bed wondering if this is what it felt like to be stung to death by a swarm of angry wasps.

I had to get up & wash it off.

I couldn't really quantify the um, plumpness factorn from the photos, but v-e-r-y glossy.