Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Marriage IV: When You're Left With Only Hidden Talent of the Stars to Watch

Him: Hey, check this out. I used to know every word of this.
Her: Did you notice how poorly acted it was even back then?
Him (wistfully): Yeah. (sighs) You know we used to watch this all the time in my adolescent years. This shaped who I am today.
Her: Uh-huh.
Him: I could ride the wall a little bit.
Her: You thought you could ride the wall.
Him: You're just like the girls back then.
Her: How come I've known you all these years and this is the first I'm hearing about this?
Him (shrugs): Dunno. I guess I forgot about it.
Her: Well I guess I can see the appeal for a kid. I mean it is rather comical.
Both simultaneously break out into laughter at the dialogue, then in unison: NO Waaay!

*Moral of the story, when there's only poorly acted and written shows on tv to watch do you find out that a poorly acted and written movie shaped your partner's very soul.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Skate and destroy! My little brother watched these shows constantly and then tried to reenact it on his quarter pipe in our backyard.

Dorothy said...

Was that "Beavis?"

kirsten said...

how BAD was Hidden Talent of the Stars? So bad its cancelled, after just one show...

Tell Dave I was one of the girls back then - I thought I could hang with the boys who thought they could ride the wall. :) I soooooo wanted one of those pink skate helmets.